Hand-Knit + Luxuriously Cozy + Fair Trade + Vegan + Gives Back to Orphaned and Destitute Children in India
- The 3 H’s – Handmade in the Himalayas of India by Happy Ladies
- Fair Trade – Officially certified with the Fair Trade Federation. This means that our artisans are well cared for and our supply chain is held accountable
- Give Back – A portion of net profits help support local orphanages in India
- Vegan – A blend of 80% acrylic and 20% nylon means these are 100% Vegan
- No Itch – Our special blend maintains the warmth of a wool sock, but without the itch!
- Long Lasting – The durability of our yarn means these socks will outlast any adventure you take them on
- Velvety Soft and Warm – Perfect for curling up with a book or relaxing around a campfire
- Indigenous Designs – Indigenous to the local Himalayan people, these designs are passed from mother to daughter. To learn more read the origin story below
Find your Size. In between sizes? Round down, as socks will stretch.
Knitting is a part of everyday life for expert artisans. Ladies have been seen doing so while walking a cow, balancing a bucket of water on their head,s or laughing with friends around cups of chai.
Originally hailing from above 10,000 feet (3,080 meters) above sea level in sky-high mountain villages, winters in the Himalayas are no joke (to this day!) Many moons ago, when the snows fell, travel became completely impossible and prevented people from leaving their villages (this still occurs). With abundant time, crackling fires and cold feet, the Himalayan people began using their knitting talents to create warm socks full of elaborate designs. As time moved on, knitting, as well as these designs, became a cultural mainstay in the homes of almost all Himalayan families. The patterns are passed down through the creation of socks and every Fazl products helps to preserve these designs for generations to come!
- The Parivaar Design – The Parivaar socks are white with turquoise, red, blue and pink details. They contain the traditional Himalayan patterns of jurra bumchack (joined x's) and bumchack (x's), which are patterns that have existed in this community for centuries
- Like many great inventions – chocolate chips, Post-It notes, and the marvelous Slinky – these socks were made by accident! (And let’s be real, most siblings were too!) Born from the Aasha Sock, this bundle of joy proved to be a big winner with our families, so we commissioned oodles more to be made. Life is full of delightful surprises and this is one serendipitous sock.
Footnote: Our socks are hand-made by real people. For this reason, each pair may include subtle variations in colour and pattern details from those seen in our photos. The overall colour scheme and design will remain very similar.